I have received a few inquiries about how I create my wreaths. So I thought it would be a good idea to add it to my "How To" library of tutorials. You can use any material that you can safely glue onto the ribbon covered base. Seashell and faux flowers are quite popular. Other items are fabric flowers, buttons, rhinestones, jewelry, faux pearls, nuts, candy, just to name a few. Keep in mind that if you want to use heavier materials use a smaller wreath base or use a stronger adhesive. If I were to create a larger seashell wreath over 15" I would use a much strong adhesive, such as E6000 or gorilla glue. There are many shapes and sizes that are available from hobby/craft stores as well as online craft supply stores. Once you have selected your shape and size, gather all your materials: For this project I am using: 8" Styrofoam wreath base 1" Grosgrain Ribbon (about 2yards) Low temperature glue stick Seashells varying from 0.75" to 2" Starfish foca...
Postcards will be going out in the mail soon! We have many new vendors this year, and you're going to love their stuff! Can't wait to see you! Mark your calendars for November 7th and 8th! See you there!
Hi! My name is Laurie Johnson, and I have been with Crafts Unlimited since 2004. I design primitive crafts; raggedy dolls, snowmen, Santas, framed samplers, burlap banners and pillows, paper mache' snowmen, and upcycled wool mittens. You'll find me at several local bazaars throughout November, but Crafts Unlimited is far and above the best! I have been designing and selling my craft patterns and finished items on my website since 2003. You may have seen some of my patterns in Country Sampler and Create and Decorate magazines. Besides my primitive designs, I also have a couple of Etsy sites with my daughter Emily, who is also a Crafts Unlimited artist. One of my Etsy sites keeps me busy all through wedding season designing and selling bridal shower and baby items I also like to quilt, garden, collect antiques, and spend time with my family. .My husband and I have five grown kids, live on a farm, and raise sheep and cattle. Hope to see you at the show! Primitive blessings, ...
Comments
Post a Comment