I have received a few inquiries about how I create my wreaths. So I thought it would be a good idea to add it to my "How To" library of tutorials. You can use any material that you can safely glue onto the ribbon covered base. Seashell and faux flowers are quite popular. Other items are fabric flowers, buttons, rhinestones, jewelry, faux pearls, nuts, candy, just to name a few. Keep in mind that if you want to use heavier materials use a smaller wreath base or use a stronger adhesive. If I were to create a larger seashell wreath over 15" I would use a much strong adhesive, such as E6000 or gorilla glue. There are many shapes and sizes that are available from hobby/craft stores as well as online craft supply stores. Once you have selected your shape and size, gather all your materials: For this project I am using: 8" Styrofoam wreath base 1" Grosgrain Ribbon (about 2yards) Low temperature glue stick Seashells varying from 0.75" to 2" Starfish foca...
These wreaths are dazzling ! There is so much to love about this type of wreath (plus you are recycling ha!)! I could go on for ages about how stunning these are, but best you should make one so you can see for yourself...yes?! Supplies needed: Wreath form (any shape you desire) For this tutorial I used a 12" styro wreath form. This will yield a finished size of 16" in diameter. Paper Punch (florette) I used a 3.5" punch Book Pages (approximately 150) Glue gun & glue sticks (low temp saves burned fingers) Glitter * - any type works Glue or glitter glue * (If you want a very subtle edge of glitter, then glitter glue alone will be fine. Sewing Pins *If you want a very subtle edge of glitter, than glitter glue alone will be fine. Considerations before you begin: You will need to dry the glittered edge florettes before you apply them onto the stryo wreath form; therefore, you will need a place to dry the florettes where smearing and smuging won't be a problem....
Our show is almost here! Our artists are busy putting final touches on their items and it will all be open for shopping starting at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, November 6th! See you there!
Comments
Post a Comment